My Great Aunt May died a couple of days ago. She was such a wonderful lady. I loved her so much. She lived just down the road from me all growing up and my sister, Angelica and I would visit her almost every Sunday. We would either ride our bikes to her house or we would ride in the car with Grandpa and Grandma Kunz. She would have been 101 years old on December 16th. I am greatful that she is with her husband again. He has been dead since before I was born. I'm not sure how many years, but I know that she was lonely. She used to give us cookies until she couldn't make them anymore, and then she would always have a bag of candy bars to give us. Then we would sit and she would tell us about her husband. She had so many pictures in her house all around and would tell us about each one of them. She would tell us all about her children and grandchildren. She was a wonderful example to me and I can't wait for the day that I can see her again.
Life is hard
10 years ago



3 comments:
I think that's so great you had a woman like that in your life! There's just something about really awesome grandmas!
Isn't it wonderful to have an eternal perspective! Isn't it interesting the things that you remember about someone. It really is those little things that make the most difference to us. She sounds like a wonderful lady and an awesome example!
How wonderful that you and Angelica went there on Sundays. I bet you two were the light of her week! I am sure she will be watching over your families.
Post a Comment