So today I went to Sam's club with my children. We decided to have pizza and cinnamon pretzles. (Can't think how to spell it and so I will go on) When we got home, Kaden had fallen asleep. Our garage doorknob to the house is broken and so we cannot use that door to go into the house. I gave the keys to my boys to go unlock the front door, as they were walking to the front door, I did not hear them lock the doors with the remote, because I was having an important conversation with my mom( every conversation is important with you mom!!!!!) Well, they brought the keys back to me, and I put the keys in the ignition and got out of the car and shut the door to go around and get Kaden out. I heard the car lock just as I shut the door. I panicked and told my mom I had to go, Kaden was locked in the car!! He was asleep thank goodness, it calmed my nerves just a little. I ran into the house and called the first locksmith I could find om the phone book!!! He was here in less than 10 minutes from clear across town!!! I am greatful he came so fast and what an amazing guy, he didn't charge me! I quickly got Kaden out and just hugged and hugged him. I'm glad he wasn't in there very long-15 minutes tops without airconditioning.
That's about enough excitement I can handle for the next few weeks!!!
Life is hard
10 years ago



4 comments:
oh, that is scary. you're such a good mom, and i can only imagine the thoughts racing in your head with your recent family loss.
glad everyone is okay.
fun to visit with you tonight. we always love visiting with you guys!
and thanks for the popsicles and the motorbike ride!
xoxo
gina
I'm sure this won't be the last exciting thing you will do this week!! Bring on the family reunion.. Keep working at moms so we can get there.. Good work where would we be without you! love ya
I found your blog from Jenn's. Hope you don't mind!
Oh, I have done that twice! I totally know your panic.
Once, I locked Rachel and Ben (who were 3 and 2 at the time) in the car at a rest stop in the middle of nowhere. (Had to call the police, it took them 45 minutes to come. The car was idling, the heater on, thank goodness, it was about 20*) and the other time was when I was pregnant with Matthew and I have no idea how my brain did that, I just did it. Of course, I locked my cell phone in, too, so I had to borrow one. Two fire trucks came, they couldn't unlock the doors, so then Larry came from work (30 minutes) and used his key. It was a nice day and Joseph slept through the whole thing.
OH! And while I was typing that I remembered one more, but it is too horrible a memory still.
It is a miracle my kids have survived my tattered brain!
I would love to see your photos bu I couldn't get the link to work.
Love, Tif
Yikes Megan! I have been there and it's scary! Glad you call the right guy! He was probably one of the 3 Nephites!!!
Post a Comment